Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cdbe COVID-19 even affects traffic patterns
Xser China launches 3 astronauts to complete space station
COLORADO SPRINGS 鈥?A teacher at Falcon School District 49 is teaching students how to be informed voters during the upcoming election. Although most of her students aren t old enough to vote, they re still eager to learn about the electoral process and how it works.Theresa James is a Social Studies teacher at Vista Ridge High School, and she teaches freshmen, juniors, and seniors. With the general election just a fe air max90 w weeks away, she began with a lesson on the importance of voting. Even if they can t participate, I want them to get in the habit of actually looking into information because I want their voi adidas samba adidas ce to matter, said James.This week, all of her students are resea ugg mini rching for the upcoming election. The class spent two days researching and learning at least one fact about every ballot measure and initiative, and candidates. They re really getting into the research, and the conversations that I hear them having with their peers while they re sitting there looking at things on the comp Rpfk WWMN: Williams Bay Centennial
By SARAH RANKINAssociated PressRICHMOND, Va. AP 鈥?Virginia Senate Democrats defeated several bills Thursday that would have restricted sketcher sportschuhe abortion access in the state, including a proposed 15-week ban with exceptions that was a priority for Republica mizuno de n Gov. Glenn Youngkin.The Senate Committee on Education and Health voted salomon wanderschuhe the measures down on a party-line basis without debate after a subcommittee had previously recommended that they be defeated.Thursday s votes were not a surprise. Democrats who control the state Senate have promised since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last year to defeat any effort to curtail abortion access, including a push by Youngkin and fellow Republican lawmakers to enact a 15-week ban with exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother.Youngkin spokeswoman, Macaulay Porter, said Senate Democrats had solidified their extreme position.Porter said Democrats were acting against the will of Virginians who want a reasonable comp