Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fqys Urdu helps overcome communication barriers creates cultural harmony
Catg Trump language on Africa unacceptable racist Ghana
KARACHI:Bolo Bhi co-founder and Director Farieha Aziz, speaking at a session on Friday, highlighted that The Prevention of Electronic Crimes A sambas og ct 2016 (PECA), which was introduced to control cybercrime, provide protection to women and curb hate speech, has not been used to serve the intended purposes.Addressing a session titled 'A Three-Year Review of PECA', held at the Centre of Excellence in Journalism, Aziz said that the first case which was registered under the act has remained sub judice even after three years of the registration of the FIR.Briefi samba og ng the attendees of the session on the loopholes of the Act, a lawyer and research associate at Bolo Bhi, Shumaila Shahani, said that jordan cases registered under the Act have been delayed, misused and neglected by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA). She shared the status of various under-trial cases, registered under PECA, in Karachi, and revealed that seven persons accused in the cases are in jail, 32 are out on bail, eight have been acq Xfwh Over 600,000 Afghans came to Pakistan since Taliban takeover
As I was in Islamabad on a training assignment, I had the fortune of bumping into Qaiser Zulfiqar, a former Tribune colleague who now works for Associated Press of Pakistan (APP), the state-owned news agency. Qaiser was kind enough to invite me to an international conference that APP had organised in Islamabad on new balance 574 those same days and I was happy to attend some of the sessions where representatives from a number of news agencies from across the world were attending.In the audience and amongst the speakers were some of the former stars of APP 鈥?people who had covered all sorts of stories from different postings across the world. Also amongst those attending was M Aftab, a former head of APP, who was instrumental in bringing in staffers on merit and ensuring that they went through a series of trainings which helped them nike air force femme in terms of delivering on air max schwarz their work. However, now it s a different story. A senior member of APP told me confidentially that the staffers were now recruited on political g

Messages In This Thread
fqys Urdu helps overcome communication barriers creates cultural harmony - by MethrenRak - 06-13-2024, 09:05 PM
dpnf Two kidnapped in Rawalpindi - by MethrenRak - 06-26-2024, 09:05 PM